WILSONTIMES.COM NEWS  •  SPORTS  •  LIFE  •  OPINION  •  OBITUARIES  •  PHOTOS  •  VIDEOS  •  CONTACT  •  CLASSIFIEDS  •  SPECIAL SECTIONS

Monday, June 15, 2009

Leggett earning a pro check

Thanks to my former colleague and frequent blog reader Nick Livingston, I can happily report that former Barton College star Brian Leggett finished his first season for the Wilmington Sea Dawgs of the Premier Basketball League.

In 24 games, Leggett averaged 12.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 26.3 minutes per game. He helped the Sea Dawgs to the No. 2 spot in the Eastern Division and a first-round playoff win against the Vermont Frost Heaves (I kid you not, that is their name).

The PBL is a 13-team league mainly in the northeastern and north central United States and Canada. But besides Wilmington, there is a team in Augusta, Ga., along with ones in Manchester, N.H., Battle Creek, Mich. and Montreal among other places. I can't say I recognize any of the other names of players in the league but it's a pro gig and I'm happy for Leggett, one of my favorite Barton players.

No comments:

Post a Comment